Home

October 22, 2011

Braised Chicken in Coconut Milk


In fact, I didn't expect much from this recipe. I am not really a fan of coconut or coconut milk. The only thing that made me make this recipe, was that I found a can of coconut milk on my shelf and I decided to get rid of it. To be honest, now, this became one of my top ten chicken recipes. I loved the combination of its spices. I believe the secret behind this recipe was the blend of coriander, cumin, paprika, curry powder and vinegar.


Braised Chicken in Coconut Milk

Ingredients:
Yield: 4 servings

2 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. sweet paprika
1 tsp. curry powder
2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves cut into 2-inch piece.

1 tbsp. veg. oil
1 cup thinly sliced onion (about 1 medium)
2 tbsp. minced garlic (about 3)
2 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
1 can coconut milk
1/2 tsp salt

Directions:
In a small bowl, mix coriander, cumin, paprika, curry and vinegar. Mix until paste forms. Rub spice mixture all over breast pieces.

Pour oil into nonstick fry pan over high heat. When oil is hot, add chicken and turn as needed to brown on both sides. 4 to 5 minutes total. Transfer to rimmed plate.

Add onion, garlic and ginger to pan; stir often until onion is lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Add coconut milk and 1/2 teaspoon salt; stir often until mixture boils. Add chicken and any accumulated juices, then reduce heat, and simmer uncovered, for 10 12 minutes total. Add more salt to taste (if required), and garnish with pepper rings if desired.

Source: updated from My Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment