Home

November 21, 2011

Best Tropical Carrot Cake Ever


I have been craving to make this tropical carrot cake for long. Honestly, I was afraid of making this kind of cake. I didn’t imagine how I could feed a cake with carrot, until I had the enough courage to give it a try. I had some skepticism about the cream cheese frosting, as my first attempt was failure. But, fortunately, I was so glad that the cake, and most importantly the cream cheese, came out so delicious and tasty.

Tropical Carrot Cake
Ingredients:
For the cake
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 egg, room temprature.
1 1/2 cups all-purpos flour
2 1/2 cups shredded carrot (4 medium)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
1cup cparsly chopped walnuts

For the frosting
8 ounces cream cheese
2 to 3 tablespoon butter, room temprature.
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar, sifted.

Directions:
Heat the oven to 350 F. Grease bottom and sides of two 8-inch round pans with butter and lighly flour. I a large, beat granulated sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla by hand or electric mixer on low speed for about 30 seconds or until blended. Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; beat on low speed for 1 minute. stir in carrots and nuts. pour into pan(s).
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool round pans for 10 minutes; remove from pan and let cool competely, about 1 hour.
To make the frosting, in a medium bowl, beat crem cheese, butter, milk and vanilla by hand or using electric mixer on ow speed until smooth. Gradually, beat in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time until smooth and spreadable. Fill and frost the round layers, store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment